Hovik Keuchkerian's Humus Recipe
- Chickpeas bottled in salt and water
- One lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- Clove of garlic (optional)
You can either obtain the chickpeas already boiled and bottled in water and
salt, or do the boiling yourself.
- Remove most of the water (leave about a half).
- Drop contents on a pan.
- Squeeze out the lemon.
- Grind the chickpeas while stirring gently.
You will obtain a brown paste.
- Drop a cup of tahine and the lemon juice.
- Drop salt if there wasn't enough in the bottle (optional).
- Drop the clove of garlic (optional).
- Keep grinding and stirring.
- If too stiff pour a few drops of water and grind.
- Serve with olive oil and cumin.